Decathlon has been making sport accessible for the many since our creation in France in 1976.
Present in Japan since 1993, our multi-channel communication strategy includes Public Relations, SNS, Mailing campaign, Commercial operations, Events and Design reviews.
With now 2 Stores in Japan (Kanto & Hyogo), as well as our popular E-commerce website, we are looking for the One teammate who will define the Communication Direction and Message for Japan, as well as optimizing our tools and channels in collaboration with Retail and E-Commerce.
Will you be the one sharing the pleasure and benefits of Sports to the many with us ?
Required Skills & Knowledge
- At least 5 years experience as leader in communication Project Management, using several channels simultaneously : SNS, PR, Print Media, Events etc.
- Hands-on, you have experience creating visual advertisement campaigns, target and gather the resources for all channels to ensure the success of your projects, even on low budget !
- Management experience in Japan, leading your team to perform and success, with concrete results.
- At least 5 years experience in the Sports Retail industry in Japan (experience working in store or in-store communication projects is a plus)
- Proven example of successful collaboration on communication projects with Retail stores and E-commerce
- Previous experience working with brand ambassadors is a plus
Fitting with our core values : VITALITY - RESPONSIBILITY - AUTHENTICITY - GENEROSITY
- Customer & team-mate oriented, always eager to offer your help in the best way
- High motivation for personal and team growth
- Strong-willed challenger, you are advocating for your ideas and projects
- Full of passion and energy, you are a driving force
- Able to respond positively to a changing environment, by adaptation and setting up new goals & KPIs
- Ability to analyze and deal with root causes of challenging situations
- Naturally curious and motivated by improvement, you find easily your next challenges
- International experience : You have been exposed to work in a multicultural environment
You have passion for Sports, and you love to share about it !
- Regular sport practice, by yourself or in team
- Always eager to try new sports
- Eager to share about the pleasure and benefits of sports with your family, friends and the rest of the world
- Japanese native or fluent (JLPT N1 level)
- English fluent (TOEIC 700 + or equivalent)
- French is a plus
- Boost the notoriety of Decathlon in Japan for its E-Commerce website and two stores (Makuhari, Nishinomiya)
- Define our communication policy, message(s), channels and campaigns, in line with our purpose
- Set up an ambassador strategy for our products, locally, in collaboration with our Sports Leader team
- Define target KPI, follow and improve ROI for all kinds of communication
[Channels and tools]
- Establish a strong presence on social networks, selecting all relevant channels
- Develop PR & event actions reflecting Decathlon values and purpose
- Boost visitors to our merchant website to develop profitable turnover
- Guarantee the coherence of our omni-channel communication
[Team & Resource Management]
- Define, recruit and manage our communication resources (in-house or outsourced) for content adaptation or local creation (text, photo, video)
- Work in collaboration with Sports Leaders, to boost retail and C-Commerce sales for each sports
- Bachelor and above, in related field
Possibility to consider remote work with regular business trips to Hyogo, Nishinomiya
Our office hours are 9am-6pm
Eligibility to Work from home once per week
In addition to the base salary :
- Monthly bonus (from 0~10% of your gross salary, calculated upon Japan sales online & in store and Customer reviews)
- Possibility to become Decathlon shareholder from your first year in the company
- 25% employee discount on Decathlon Japan products
- Transportation costs coverage up to 40,000 JPY
In cases where relocation is necessary, Decathlon covers Household good moving (up to a certain amount, depending on personal situation)
A sportive and dynamic atmosphere with opportunities to keep practice your sport(s) and discover new ones
A culture that rewards performance with responsibilities and growth, encourages openness and diversity
Work / life / sports balance!
About the probation period :
The probation period will be in the form of a 4 to 12 months contract.
Weekends, National Holidays, 10 days paid holidays.
Winter, Golden week and Obon holidays
Decathlon is a French sporting goods retailer. With over 1500 stores in 49 countries, it is the largest sporting goods retailer in the world. We design, manufacture, and offer the best gear at the best prices for more than 80 sports. We aim to sustainably bring the power of sport to everyone, everywhere