With the rapid growth of the company, GR Japan, the largest government relations company in Japan, is seeking to recruit a senior government relations professional for a leadership position in its healthcare team. The successful candidate will have significant experience in healthcare and/or public policy and will work with a team of expert professional colleagues to support corporate and other clients on a range of policy-related issues relating to public health, pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
We seek an individual with significant healthcare or public policy experience and a proven track record in government decision-making and/or the healthcare sector. Consulting, business or business development experience is desirable but not essential. Relevant government or industry networks and sector knowledge are also a significant plus. Applicants should be able to demonstrate relevant experience, academic achievement or technical knowledge, and outstanding professional qualities.
• 10+ years of relevant public policy or business experience, e.g. in government relations, government, the healthcare industry, politics, academia, strategy consulting, think tanks, etc.
• Fluent English and Japanese
• High-level professional writing ability.
• Strong understanding of Japanese healthcare policy and the policy-making process and/or in-depth knowledge of Japanese government, policy and politics.
• A good level of IT proficiency
• Experience of managing teams and delivering consultancy projects would be a plus.
The successful candidate will work closely with colleagues and contacts in Japan and internationally. The GR Group provides dynamic career opportunities at the intersection of business and government, helping clients – world-leading companies, industry associations, NGOs and other stakeholder groups to engage effectively with government on a range of important public policy issues.
• Leadership of healthcare client accounts, managing client relationships, client accounts and projects as part of a dedicated expert team of healthcare government relations professionals.
• Working as part of the GR Japan and GR Group team to help clients fulfil important public policy goals in Japan, including through planning and the implementation of strategic engagement and outreach plans.
• Ongoing cultivation and maintenance of a broad network of contacts in government, the National Diet, and the healthcare sector.
• Support for GR Japan’s business development, including ideas and proposals for new business development in the healthcare arena.
• Good university degree, ideally a master’s in a related subject, e.g. public policy, healthcare, medical science, economics, politics, communications or international relations.
GR Japan and the GR Group
GR Japan is the leading and largest government relations and public affairs company in Japan, with the biggest and most effective healthcare government relations practice in Japan. GR Japan is the largest part of the GR Group, an international government relations group, with its head office in Tokyo (Nagatacho) and offices in Osaka, Washington DC, London and Seoul.
What you can expect from the GR Group
• A dynamic, multilingual and international working environment.
• Hands-on exposure to, and interaction with, senior figures in business, government and civil society on matters of public policy in Japan, particularly in the fields of healthcare and public health.
• Competitive salary package and generous social benefits, including 25 days of paid leave per year in addition to holidays at New Year.
• Opportunities for personal skills development and training.
• Opportunities to further develop and advance your career in government relations and public affairs.
Competitive salary package, 25 days’ annual paid leave, in addition to the long New Year break and national holidays, and full social benefits
GR Japan can also provide visa sponsorship for the role if necessary