GR Japan is looking for interns with a high-level of Japanese and English proficiency, and a demonstrated passion for public policy and politics.
GR Japan is the largest and leading government relations and public affairs consultancy in Japan. We offer a full range of government relations and related services, including policy and issue monitoring, stakeholder mapping, in-depth intelligence, political due diligence, strategic outreach, advocacy, public procurement support, and public affairs campaigns.
GR Japan is part of the GR Group, which has offices in Washington D.C., London, Seoul, Osaka and Tokyo.
Our team consists of experts with direct experience and a thorough understanding of Japanese government policy-making and decision-making, including former officials from key ministries and the major political parties. We also pride ourselves on our business sense and understanding our clients’ strategic goals and business needs.
GR Japan always welcomes passionate students and individuals searching for internships with us. In this role you will build a firm foundation to a potential future career in government relations and public affairs.
We are looking for candidates with excellent academic ability who want to apply their knowledge to tackle real policy challenges that make a difference. We offer experience at the intersection of business and government, helping clients – world-leading multinational conglomerates, financial institutions, industry associations, NGOs and other civil society organisations, and non-profit organisations, etc. – to understand how to effectively interact with Japanese policy and government stakeholders.
• A demonstrated passion for public policy and politics
• Education or experience in public policy, political science, international relations or economics
• Understanding or desire for understanding of Japan’s policy-making process, politics
• Excellent research skills
• Interest in international business
• Sound judgment and cultural sensitivity
• Ability to take a creative and proactive approach to solving complex policy-related challenges
• High-level of Japanese and English proficiency are a must
• Public policy research and analysis, report writing, editing, and strategic development
• Collaborating closely with project leaders in implementing strategic outreach and engagement plans with government officials, Diet members, media, and other key policy stakeholders
• Liaising with colleagues to provide client satisfaction
• Assisting in taking meeting minutes
• Assisting in translations of client-related documents
• Currently studying for a bachelor’s degree or higher in public policy, political science, international relations, economy or other related field
• Recent graduates looking for opportunities
• Hands-on public policy experience
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Opportunity to build a firm foundation to a career in government relations and public affairs, and advance in the company
• Exposure to Japan’s political leaders, as well as senior executives of leading global firms, international organisations, civil society and financial institutions
• Opportunities to work with leading policy experts from around the globe who are in the GR Group
Flexible depending on intern's commitments and school schedule
¥5,000 per day
GR Japan follows holidays according to the Japanese calendar and office is closed on Saturdays and Sundays
Where business and government meet
Tokyo's leading government relations and public affairs firm