GR Japan is the largest and leading government relations and public affairs consultancy in Japan and a part of the GR Group, with offices in Washington D.C., London, Seoul, Osaka and Tokyo.
We offer a full range of government relations and related services, including public policy analysis, issue monitoring, stakeholder mapping, in-depth intelligence, political due diligence, strategic outreach, advocacy, public procurement support, and public affairs campaigns.
GR Japan is now recruiting a strongly motivated and self-driven Events Manager to lead and oversee the many high-profile public events that we organize in support of our clients’ public affairs campaigns and our own marketing. We are looking for a bilingual (Japanese and English) individual with a proven track record in organising and managing high-level events for large multinational companies, NGOs, political organisations, etc. Applicants must be able to create, position, and message large scale and high-profile events that meet clients’ expectations of best in class planning and flawless execution.
We offer the experience at the intersection of business and government, helping clients – world-leading multinational companies, financial institutions, industry associations, NGOs and other organisations – to engage effectively with audiences in Japan through multiple events.
• At least five years’ events management experience
• A creative and proactive approach to solving complex event-related challenges
• Ability to skilfully handle new and existing client demands and develop strategies
• Professional level of client-handling expertise to comprehend cultural nuances in attending to guests
• Native (or N1 JLPT) Japanese reading and writing skills
• Native (or high TOIEC score) English reading and writing skills
• Excellent public speaking ability and experience of mic-controlling and lead high profile conferences, events, etc
• Understanding of protocol for ushering government officials would be a plus but not an absolute pre-requisite
• Full end-to-end organisation and management for all events
• Closely liaise with clients to fulfil their objectives
• Produce detailed event proposals
• Research, manage and coordinate all event logistics (venues, suppliers and contractors, etc.)
• Supervise (and delegate to) events team in preparation of events (organising participants, drafting and sending invitations, creating information packs, promoting event, contacting media, etc.)
• Arrange translators, interpreters, catering, etc.
• Oversee running of events (greeting/registering guests, coordinating suppliers, troubleshooting, emceeing, supervising venue clean-up, etc.)
• Continuously devise methods to improve execution of events
An undergraduate degree or higher in any field
Here’s what you can expect from GR Japan:
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Hands-on interaction with business, government, and civil society with the potential to contribute to public policy in Japan
• Exposure to Japan’s political leaders, as well as senior executives of leading global organisations
• Opportunity to develop your career in government relations and public affairs, and advancement in the company
• Opportunities to work with policy experts from around the world
Competitive salary package, 25 days paid leave a year and full social benefits
GR Japan can also provide visa sponsorship if necessary
Weekends and national holidays, 25 paid leave days a year
2020 COPYRIGHT © HIREPLANNER.COM | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED