WHO ARE WE?
McCann Healthcare’s Purpose is to build Meaningful Brands for Healthier Lives.
Our vision is to the #1 creatively driven marketing company in the world
Truth Well Told is the McCann Promise.
We offer staff and clients ‘The Best of East and West’.
McCann Healthcare Japan is Japan’s largest and most successful healthcare agency with over 130 staff, and has been Campaign Japan’s Specialist Agency of the Year 7 times in the last 9 years. It is the second largest global operating unit of McCann Healthcare’s which was Cannes Global Healthcare Agency of the Year in 2017. In Japan, McCann Healthcare is the largest division of McCann Worldgroup Japan, the largest and longest established international agency in the country.
We have a large range of blue chip clients including both global and Japanese multinationals and strongly developed expertise in all necessary disciplines from Pre-launch activities to post launch activities including Market shaping, KOL Development, TV, Print, digital/CRM, Patient Support Program, etc. Through the IPG companies in Japan we have a full capability in experience marketing, data management, media planning and buying, PR, sports and sponsorship marketing, and have been awarded in many global creative award shows last year.
As both RX and DTC continue to digitize, we seek to further develop our leadership position in digital marketing and advertising, and enhance our creative product in order to successfully compete against large local players.
WHAT ARE MCCANN HEALTHCARE’S VALUES?
We believe that the best people want to work in an environment that values them. Therefore, we put great stress on building the right HR culture to attract the best talent.
o Our values are: Generosity, Integrity, Bravery.
o In terms of working culture, we seek to balance Japanese culture with global best practice.
o If you join McCann Healthcare, you can expect to work in a gender diverse, international environment, have opportunities to work flexibly and be rewarded largely by results.
WHO ARE YOU?
This is a rare opportunity to shape the future of the best healthcare companies in the marketplace, so we’re looking for a very high quality candidate, able to do the following, or master them very quickly:
Knowledge, behaviours and skills
• Strong understanding of the Japanese pharma environment.
• Proven success at delivering strong business growth and relationship strength on pharma or classic CPG clients.
• Strongly digital/integrated approach.
• Proven ability to nurture great talent.
• Proactive and energetic nature: there’s no road-map to where we are going.
• The ability to establish and maintain effective relationships across the organisation ranging from senior management to younger employees. “Hands on” leadership style and good listening abilities a plus.
• Inspiring written, presentation and spoken communication skills in both English and Japanese.
• Someone who is utmost ethical and completely trustworthy.
• Strong creative ambition, including for digital creative.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE?
This role is to lead the strategic direction for McCann Healthcare Japan.
You will work with the Managing Director and Executive Creative Director to set the high level strategic direction for the company’s future growth. This will include assessing client needs, bringing understanding of business, consumer/stakeholder and technology trends and identifying future capabilities to develop.
You will lead the strategic planning function, including digital and communications planning. This will include hiring, mentoring and developing high quality staff, implementing the Agency’s global ‘Truth to Meaning’ strategic system, liasing with global strategic leaders, and building differentiated capabilities in the marketplace. In particular, it will mean developing further skills in comms planning, digital planning, data driven marketing. You will be expected to place a strong emphasis on creativity and effectiveness.
You will be ultimately responsible for the quality of strategy on major clients. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the business success of leading clients, and the evolution of the Japanese healthcare ecosystem.
You will be responsible for thought leadership: helping drive understanding of new trends among agency and clients, and positioning us as a proactive leader in the marketplace.
WHAT ARE THE CHIEF STRATEGY OFFICER’S RESPONSIBILITIES?
The Chief Strategy Officer is responsible for all key areas that affect our business, client relationships and creative output:
• Ground our strategies in high class, innovative research, including data analysis, qualitative and quantitative research, as well as innovative research
• In partnership with the Executive Creative Director, set the standard for great strategic and creative thinking in Japan: talked about, locally insightful strategies on big clients.
• Create an inspiring environment of strategic innovation. Build the agency culture, structure and processes to ensure the strategic relevance of great integrated ideas.
• Proactively lead the development of next generation marketing, bringing digital skills and technology skills to our thinking process.
• Grow reputation for McCann Healthcare by helping develop ‘flagship’ creative clients that stand for our product in the marketplace and thought leadership pieces that impact clients.
Bachelor's degree or above.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
• Management level role, with strategic and team leading responsibilities.
• An opportunity to shape the future of the leading Japanese healthcare agency, through innovation and forward thinking.
• Work in an international environment, as part of a world class global network.
• Build your career on widely recognized brands.
• Make a contribution to the wellbeing of Japan, and the evolution of the healthcare ecosystem.
2020 COPYRIGHT © HIREPLANNER.COM | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED