The Olympic Games are returning to Tokyo!
Do you have what it takes to help deliver world class In Venue Hospitality (IVH) at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games? To support its IVH Operations Team, STH Japan is looking to recruit experienced and flexible Operations Managers.
By 2020, STH Japan will be recognised for establishing a new way of enjoying sports events, offering Japan premium spectator experiences and helping customers cultivate positive and valuable relationships through sports hospitality.
Fluent in Japanese and Advanced Level English
Essential knowledge and skills:
• Proven experience in major event operations or in a client/customer role within a venue environment
• Knowledge of the structure and workings of an Olympic Games Organising Committee
• Previous experience of Olympic Games or major multi sports events and stakeholder management
• Proven skills in venue-relevant services such as electrical, mechanical, audio & video, HVAC, water engineering systems as well as venue operations management
• Excellent team player attitude, adaptability to multicultural environment; high-level interpersonal, leadership and relationship building skills; strong negotiation and presentation skills
• Driven by quality and aspire to deliver great customer service
• Manage operations fulfilment deliverables of the Tokyo 2020 In Venue Hospitality Programme in line with specific job role and allocated venues.
• Understand the rules, regulations and policies of Tokyo 2020 that are relevant to the IVH Programme
• Understand STH Japan’s rights with regards to the IVH programme
• Understand the legal and regulatory environment in Japan and ensure STH compliance
• Understand and work to the Operations project plan
Operational Fulfilment Management
• Ensure supplier compliance with legal agreements and STH Japan procurement policy.
• Monitor service level agreements with all suppliers.
• Assist in delivering quality driven client focused service standards.
• Understand the operations fulfilment budget and work within the parameters & targets.
• Assist in developing and implement an operations risk management plan
• Retain a high degree of flexibility in the planning process to ensure operational commitments are in line with sales and financial forecasts
• Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance the overall customer experience
Communication and Reporting
• Assist in implementing STH operations systems and processes for delivery of the project and the development of reporting and tracking systems for key operations tasks
• Ensure the Senior Operations Cluster Manager and Project Lead are kept informed of the progress of tasks and any issues
• Report and escalate significant changes to, or conflicts within the project
• Ensure the actions and minutes of any Tokyo 2020 meetings are communicated as appropriate
• Represent the Company to TOCOG, suppliers and other stakeholders
• Develop and maintain relationships with TOCOG, suppliers and other relationships
• Support the implementation of the training plan for the Operations team
• Support the Senior Operations Cluster Manager in creating an environment that attracts, motivates and empowers the operations team, encourages teamwork and ownership of tasks
Games Time & Dissolution
• Support the Games Time delivery of the IVH Programme including Transfer of Knowledge and programme debrief
• Ensure Operational Readiness and participate in table-top scenarios and testing
• Management and coordination of all IVH venue suppliers and teams at allocated
• venues ensuring all staff are fully aware of the itinerary, menus, beverages and customer expectations for the sessions.
• Refinement, consolidation and integration of any cross-functional requirements with a focus on IVH operations.
• Ensuring that any specifications, space and area allocations as well as construction plans are delivered in compliance with applicable codes, bylaws and the STH Japan policies
• Anticipate problems and pro-actively trouble-shoot service difficulties as they arise
• Contribute to post event debrief report and ensure post event learnings are captured in the Transfer of Knowledge process
• Outstanding communication skills - both oral and written
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Strong administrative and organisation skills
• Good inter-personal skills (team player)
• Excellent time keeping and able to meet deadlines
• Able to work calmly under pressure
• Meticulous – attention to detail
• Proactive and adaptable
2019 COPYRIGHT © HIREPLANNER.COM | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED