GR Japan is the largest and leading government relations and public affairs consultancy in Japan. We offer a full range of government relations and related services, including policy and issue monitoring, stakeholder mapping, in-depth intelligence, political due diligence, strategic outreach, advocacy, public procurement support, and public affairs campaigns.
GR Japan is part of the GR Group, with offices in Washington D.C., London, Seoul, Osaka and Tokyo.
GR Japan is now recruiting several bilingual Public Policy Managers. We are looking for individuals who have a proven track record in public policy, detailed knowledge of government and/or industry. Applicants must be able to combine creativity with intellectual rigour, and the organisational skills to manage projects, events and initiatives.
We offer experience at the intersection of business and government, helping clients – world-leading multinational companies, financial institutions, industry associations, NGOs and other organisations – to engage effectively with Japanese policy and government stakeholders.
• Ideally a master’s degree or higher in a related field such as public policy, political science, international relations, communications, or economics, healthcare/medical science, energy-related fields, environmental science, etc.
• A solid understanding of Japan’s policy-making process and politics
• At least five years’ related experience, for example in government, industry, or a think tank
• Take a creative and proactive approach to solving complex policy-related challenges
• A strong desire to contribute to the policy dialogue in Japan and to tackle real policy challenges
• Ability to skilfully handle new client demands and develop strategies
• Consulting, business or business development experience is desirable but not essential.
• Native (or N1 JLPT) Japanese reading and writing skills
• Native (or high TOIEC score) English reading and writing skills
• Proficiency in other languages (especially Korean) would be a plus but is not a requirement
• Lead and manage client accounts
• Manage and work as part of a team of policy professionals on a variety of policy challenges
• Collaborate in the implementation of strategic outreach and engagement plans with government officials, Diet members, media, and other key policy stakeholders
• Delegate work tasks, where appropriate and while being aware of team members’ strengths, abilities and work schedules
• Help to prepare customised proposals to win new business
• Oversee and supervise the workflow of writing reports
Ideally a master’s degree or higher in a related field such as public policy, political science, international relations, communications, or economics, healthcare/medical science, energy-related fields, environmental science, etc.
Here’s what you can expect from GR Japan:
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Hands-on interaction with business, government, and civil society with the potential to contribute to public policy in Japan
• Exposure to Japan’s political leaders, as well as senior executives of leading global organisations
• Opportunity to develop your career in government relations and public affairs, and advancement in the company
• Opportunities to work with policy experts from around the world
Competitive salary package, 25 days paid leave a year and full social benefits
GR Japan can also provide visa sponsorship if necessary
Weekends and national holidays, 25 paid leave days a year
2019 COPYRIGHT © HIREPLANNER.COM | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED