GR Japan is the largest and leading government relations and public affairs consultancy in Japan. We offer a full range of government relations and related services, including policy and issue monitoring, stakeholder mapping, in-depth intelligence, political due diligence, strategic outreach, advocacy, public procurement support, and public affairs campaigns.
GR Japan is part of the GR Group, with offices in Washington D.C., London, Seoul, Osaka and Tokyo.
GR Japan is now recruiting a Human Resources Manager. We are looking for individuals who have a proven track record in human resources. Applicants must be able to combine creativity with intellectual rigour, and the organisational skills to manage various projects/tasks involving our colleagues and team.
We offer experience at the intersection of business and government, helping our colleagues in creating a work environment where they can best deliver government relations to our clients – world-leading multinational companies, financial institutions, industry associations, NGOs and other organisations.
• Minimum 3+ years experience in a similar role, ideally in a professional service company
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, including listening, coaching and training
• Natural authority and ability to earn the respect of senior level staff
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including good command of English
• Solid business acumen, and problem solving
• Develop and support employee-oriented company culture in line with the company's values, mission and vision
• Implement and update HR policies and programmes, including, Employee rules & regulations, Code of Conduct, compliance, T&E policies
• Support the development and implementation of competency framework, including skills gap analysis and the development of education & training programmes
• Support performance reviews and monitor employee productivity, attitudes and performance results
• Recruit and retain top quality employees, including the organization of interviews
• Oversee and support the recruitment of interns and trainees, including the development and implementation of a structured graduate trainee programme
• Provide employee counselling for personal issues and company complaints
• Manage payroll (with external vendor) and advise senior management on compensation policies, including benchmarking compensation for consultants
• Support the implementation of internal communications initiatives, including company newsletters, staff updates and company events
• Manage onboarding of all new staff
• Ensure employee safety, wellness welfare health and happiness
• University or equivalent degree in Human resource management or related field
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Opportunity to develop your career in a vibrant and growing company
• Opportunities to work with policy experts from around the world
Competitive salary package, 25 days paid leave a year and full social benefits
GR Japan can also provide visa sponsorship if necessary
Weekends and national holidays, 25 paid leave days a year