Due to continuing success and expansion, we are now looking for an Assistant Cost Manager to join our busy Tokyo Office. The ideal candidate will have an architectural or engineering background, with a strong interest in numbers and a keen eye for detail.
- Company Description –
Turner & Townsend is a professional services company specialising in programme management, project management, cost management and consulting across the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors.
To deliver consistently excellent advice to our clients, we mobilize expert, flexible and entrepreneurial people who are at the very top of their profession and are inspired to deliver to make the difference. We provide world-class learning and development and knowledge management to everyone across the business, at every stage of their career.
- Our Values –
Great companies are built on great values. At Turner & Townsend we are committed to delivering better outcomes that have a positive impact on the world, transforming performance to be greener, more inclusive, and more productive.
We have worked with our teams to examine what is important to us as individual professionals and as a business. We have tapped into the human side of our people to set out our three values:
1. We love a challenge
2. We are stronger together
3. We bring out the best in everyone
These values are inherently inclusive. They underline the way that we work together and will now be brought alive throughout the business and our supply chain.
• Degree in Quantity Surveying, Cost Management/Engineering or equivalent
• Must be fluent in written and spoken Japanese and English
• Candidates with Construction Cost Estimation or Quantity Surveying experience is required
• Experience across the full range/ if not, majority of Cost Management duties including: Cost Estimates, Bills of Quantities, Value Engineering, Tendering - and Evaluation, Contract Knowledge, Change Orders and Final Account close-out
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to handle negotiation
• Experience in consultancy is highly preferred
• Team player with excellent problem-solving skills
• To assist in feasibility studies and drafting procurement reports
• To assist in estimating and cost planning activities
• To assist and facilitate through the procurement process; including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively
• Attend key Client’s team meeting and advise on commercial matters
• To assist in the preparation of monthly post-contract cost reports for senior management usage
• Advise on opportunities for value engineering and cost savings when possible
Mon - Fri, 0830-1730 Hours
12 months Basic salary with Performance Bonus on Discretionary Basis, Medical and other Insurance coverage.
Weekends off, National Holidays, Annual leave entitlement per year
2022 COPYRIGHT © HIREPLANNER.COM | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED