GR Japan is the largest and leading government relations and public affairs consultancy in Japan. We offer a full range of government relations and related services, including policy and issue monitoring, stakeholder mapping, in-depth intelligence, political due diligence, strategic outreach, advocacy, public procurement support, and public affairs campaigns.
GR Japan is part of the GR Group, with offices in Washington D.C., London, Seoul, Osaka and Tokyo.
GR Japan is now recruiting a Human Resources Manager. We are looking for individuals who have a proven track record in the human resources field. Applicants must be able to combine communications skills, creativity, intellectual rigour, and the organisational skills to manage various projects/tasks involving colleagues.
We offer experience at the intersection of business and government, helping our colleagues in creating a work environment where they can best deliver government relations to our clients – world-leading multinational companies, financial institutions, industry associations, NGOs and other organisations.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in an HR managerial or similar role (preferably in a professional service company)
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, including listening, coaching and training
• Natural authority and ability to earn respect from all levels of staff
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a high level of proficiency in both Japanese and English. (Spoken/written Korean would also be a big plus but is not a requirement.)
• Solid business acumen, and problem-solving skills
• A genuine interest in government, public policy and politics would be an advantage.
• Take a leading role in refining and steering the company’s HR initiatives and policies
• Implement and maintain HR policies and programmes, including employee rules & regulations, Code of Conduct, compliance rules, and terms and expenses (T&E) policies
• Develop and support employee-oriented company culture in line with the company's values, mission and vision
• Serve as strategic partner to employees and managers to help resolve issues, make informed decisions, and drive career growth
• Navigate and leverage resources and stakeholders to provide mutually-beneficial solutions to HR issues, conflicts and/or employee relations
• Understand and display judgment regarding full scope of work, labour laws and policies, internal and external culture and the firm’s vision, mission and values
• Support the development and implementation of competency framework, including skills gap analysis and the development of education & training programmes
• Support performance reviews and monitor employee productivity, attitudes and performance results
• Help the company to recruit and retain excellent employees
• Oversee and support the recruitment of interns and trainees, including the development and implementation of a structured graduate trainee programme
• Advise senior management on compensation
• Oversee and manage the onboarding of all new staff
• Ensure employee safety and welfare
• University or equivalent degree in Human resource management or related field
• Diverse, international and dynamic work environment
Competitive salary package, 25 days’ annual paid leave, in addition to the long New Year break and national holidays, and full social benefits
GR Japan can also provide visa sponsorship for the role if necessary
Weekends and 25 days’ annual paid leave, in addition to the long New Year break and national holidays
2020 COPYRIGHT © HIREPLANNER.COM | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED