Are you an ambitious sales professional with experience building meaningful client relationships? Are you customer oriented and know how to sell a good product? If yes, read on!
We are looking for a motivated sales professional with experience building meaningful client relationships to grow and support our innovation community. This person will contribute to the success of our CIC Tokyo Relationship Management & Sales Team.
CIC is a global leader in building and operating innovation communities. Founded in 1999 in Cambridge, MA, CIC is one of the first companies to offer flexible office space and coworking options, providing a platform for the world’s most impactful entrepreneurs to innovate better and faster.
We have locations in Boston, Cambridge, Miami, Philadelphia, Providence, St. Louis, Rotterdam, Warsaw, and Tokyo and are growing into other cities, within the US and abroad. CIC has supported over 6,000 startups, growth companies, and branches of larger organizations, representing for-profit, mission-driven, and non-profit sectors across a wide array of industries.
CIC (in the U.S.) co-founded a number of mission-aligned organizations including Venture Café, CIC’s primary non-profit programming partner, and CIC Health, offering COVID-19 testing services to companies and the public.
ABOUT CIC TOKYO
CIC Tokyo is our newest site and the first located in Asia. Opened in October 2020 in one of the business districts of Minato-ku, CIC Tokyo is a one-of-a-kind innovation-oriented center in Japan with a total area of about 6,000 square meters on the 15th and 16th floors of the Toranomon Hills Business Tower. We provide a vast workspace with the capacity to house more than 250 companies. CIC Tokyo is centered on companies that aim to grow, and communities and services that are looking to accelerate their business growth and global expansion.
You are a professional with a complementary set of skills and style to represent CIC to prospective companies and support current clients at the highest levels of service. You are an articulate and ethical individual who has strong written and verbal communication, organizational skills, and time management skills.
More specifically, as our ideal candidate, you are:
• Committed to work you consider mission based. You see your work as an opportunity to make a powerful contribution to a larger effort.
• Able to own and manage your multiple tasks and get the details right.
• Capable of fostering and maintaining positive working relationships with potential clients,clients, colleagues, building management, and vendors. You are a true team player.
• Comfortable working with everyone, treating everyone as an equal.
• Demonstrably successful in the work you have performed so far, and you have learned difficult lessons that only challenging times or failure can teach.
• Able to work independently and you communicate effectively with team members and clients alike.
• Able to make decisions confidently with the best information available to you.
• Personable, happy to help others, and naturally drawn to a very busy, ever-evolving environment.
• Naturally curious person who wants to learn more and is not afraid to ask questions if in doubt.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• At least 3 -5 years of professional experience in sales or relationship management.
• Fluency in Japanese and strong English proficiency.
If you don't meet all the requirements or qualifications but bring some other unique skills and experience that would be valuable in this role, please apply and highlight those attributes for us in your cover letter.
Please submit your application in English. Thank you!
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WORK
You will be working alongside the leadership team in Tokyo, selling a product and service that has a great reputation. You will help build a positive name and awareness of CIC in Tokyo to develop leads, attract new clients, and maintain a strong relationship supporting them once they are clients operating within the space. You will also be responsible for developing relationships to integrate CIC Tokyo into the local community.
In addition to the above you will:
• Think creatively about how we can attract leads. Support efforts (marketing campaigns, direct outreach, networking) to develop and bring in potential clients
• Work with prospective clients to determine if CIC is the right place for them to start or grow their business.
• Be a resource for building external relationships within the community.
• Lead tours for prospective clients and informational groups, such as students or visiting delegations.
• Help drive the creation and implementation of new programs and initiatives around new sales, client support, and overall business development and expansion. For example, if you have marketing experience, there may be opportunities to work on our website, support our online social media efforts, or reach out to the local community.
• Manage a client portfolio and provide oversight to assist our clients in getting the most out of their experience at CIC. For example, as a client’s business evolves, so does their need for office space, and you will be responsible for helping them find the right solution.
CIC welcomes all candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status or disability. If you require an accommodation please let us know. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Measures against passive smoking: No smoking indoors allowed. Smoking is not permitted outside of designated areas.
• Full-time employment contract with competitive benefits (annual salary ¥6,500,000).
• Commuting / Transportation Allowance.
• Laptop and mobile phone as your working tools.
• Regular evaluation of your work, and salary raises every year based on performance.
ATTRACTIONS OF THE JOB
In addition to helping our clients achieve great things, we work to ensure that our employees are healthy and supported. Some of the benefits of being here include:
• Personal growth. This is a great opportunity to learn and develop skills within the epicenter of the innovation community at a growing company.
• Fun people in a dynamic space. We pride ourselves on finding driven and bright collaborators who are eager to lend their own unique skills to the team, as well as to our inspiring clientele. The number one reason CIC’ers say they like working here is because of their colleagues!
• Access to amenities like a nap room, massage room, game room, and more!
• Access to Venture Cafe Tokyo, a weekly Thursday gathering involving high-impact programming designed to engage the broader entrepreneurial community.
2021 COPYRIGHT © HIREPLANNER.COM | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED