***COVER LETTER REQUIRED! Please attach a file on the "Resume (Other)" section.***
Are you interested in shaping the next generation of software developers in Japan? Are you excited about the opportunity to see the spark in people's eyes when they understand new software development concepts? Are you passionate about students meet their learning goals, and continuously improving the way we teach?
If your answer is yes to any of these questions, this is your opportunity to join our mission-driven Immersive team at Code Chrysalis. At Code Chrysalis, we are on a mission to change the way Asia trains software engineers. We are looking for someone who wants to make a difference in the lives of others, as much as we do. If you are looking for a fast paced company where you will gain a lot of experience and responsibility in a short amount of time, this is it.
As an Immersive Instructor, you will be teaching in a software development bootcamp community setting. Average classroom range will be around 6-20 students. Previous software development experience is a must, and prior teaching experience is a plus. You will be teaching individuals from the age of 18+ using Code Chrysalis curriculum. By the end of the course, they will be at a level where they can work as software engineers.
This is a full-time position, in-person, and regular working hours of 9AM to 6PM Monday to Friday. Outside working hours activities are recorded as overtime, but can also be taken as time-in-lieu. We are open to hiring outside of Japan, with visa sponsorship available.
- Ability to work in English
- 1+ years of working experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience working with a front-end framework such as React and Vue
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. Postgres)
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals (i.e. data structures and algorithms)
- Able to work patiently with a variety of individuals in a diverse environment, welcoming communication and accepting of others' backgrounds (e.g. different cultures).
- Excellent communication skills - able to verbalize and communicate your ideas to others.
- Proactive and enthusiastic about delivering results
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Keeping personal coding skills and knowledge up to date
- Share your real-world experience with students and communicate it to them with examples, etc.
- Assessing individual/group training needs
- Planning, preparing and researching lessons
- Developing and delivering learning activities
- Organizing and preparing lesson plans and teaching material
- Teaching individuals with different learning styles to use various computer languages and specialist applications
- Spending contact time with students on a group or individual basis
- Checking and assessing students’ work and giving feedback
- Delivering and contributing to the curriculum
- Ability to work in Japanese
- Passionate about teaching and mentoring not only technical skills, but also soft skills (presentation, giving and receiving feedback, communication skills across multiple cultures, etc.)
- Additional knowledge Express/GraphQL and Responsive Design
- Knowledge and experience with TDD (test driven development)
- Object Oriented Programming
- Functional Programming
- Cloud services such as AWS/Heroku
- Focus on clean code and best practices during development
09:00 to 18:00, with a 1-hour lunch break, totaling 8 hours of work
- Employee pension insurance, social insurance, and other various benefits
- Transportation expenses will be covered
- Visa acquisition support system is available
- Work Environment: dress code is casual, many employees are from overseas, fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace
Two days off per week (Saturdays, Sundays), national holidays, and annual paid vacations (20 days granted after the second year). Additional leaves include childcare leave, menstrual leave, etc.
2023 COPYRIGHT © HIREPLANNER.COM | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED