Wizcorp is looking for Game Engine Programmers to work on exciting projects for next-generation consoles. Depending on your background, skills, and experience we’ll find the most suitable role within our teams.
Is this job for me? 👨🦰👩🦳🧑🦲
You have a few years of work experience working with custom engines and have released games on consoles. You live and breathe C++, and you’re not afraid to deep-dive into the engine architecture itself to make some improvements.
Sounds like you? Then this job is for you!
About Wizcorp 🦄🇯🇵🎮
Wizcorp is a highly specialized game development studio based in Tokyo and operating 100% remotely. We are a cross-cultural team of passionate individuals working together toward one goal: bringing back magic to game development.
- We get better every day. Our technical abilities should never limit our ideas.
- We question the status quo. We don't accept yesterday's answers to tomorrow's challenges.
- We follow our moral compass. Our values guide our decisions.
- We surround ourselves with people who believe in our mission. Our staff, clients, and partners are all part of the equation.
- We learn and share. We want our successes and failures to contribute to the collective wisdom of our profession.
Wizcorp offers a friendly and honest working environment. Our work is challenging but rewarding, with countless personal and professional growth opportunities.
Typical day 🎮📆🕹️
You start your day by reviewing code from other engineers and ensuring they meet quality expectations. You will mainly develop systems and related utilities for custom proprietary engines. On some days you might be integrating a rendering engine that fits well within the existing codebase, on others you might have to do architectural changes to the codebase in order to accommodate new engine features in a clean and extensible manner. You may have to work on save data management, job system, memory management or any development support feature.
The ideal candidate will be able to
- Design, test, and debug own code without assistance from other engineers
- Break down large features into engineering tasks and work with other engineers to complete them
- Decipher and understand complex systems
- Mentor engineers in engine development best practices
- Develop system with a strong focus on optimization and performance
- Have an interest in working on different parts of a game engine (Rendering, Animation, Audio,...)
- Confidently communicate with all members of the company
🤹 Skillset 🤹
- Ability to write clean, readable, performant code and design the architecture around it
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of existing optimization techniques
- Focus on performance and performance analysis
- Strong math skills
- Willingness to work as part of a team and contribute to technical discussions
- Eager to both provide and receive constructive feedback for continual growth
⭐ Experience ⭐
- University degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline; or relevant professional experience
- 3+ years professional software engineering experience
- 2+ years professional experience developing custom engine
- Solid software engineering abilities (good code hygiene, familiarity with various coding patterns, etc.)
- Strong experience with C++ and proficiency in C# (WPF)
- Comfortable with source code management systems (Git, SVN, Perforce, etc.)
- English proficiency (ability to read, write, and discuss technical matters)
👍 Preferred 👍
- Experience with some of the following languages: Ruby, Python, shell scripting (Bash, PowerShell, etc.)
- Experience with other game engines such (Unity, proprietary engines, or others)
- At least 3 years of experience in the video game industry
- Worked on at least 1 released game
Roles and Responsibilities 🛠️🧪✨
- Estimate own tasks and deliver them in a timely manner
- Write clear, maintainable code that passes review by other senior engineers
- Raise all blockers when they arise to the project lead
- Test and document provided solutions to allow other developers to review and learn
- Implement and uphold software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
- Take ownership of large areas of the code base and large complex features
- Take ownership of mission-critical areas of the codebase
- Coordinate with members outside of the engineering team to deliver features in a timely manner
- Determine large feature feasibility and propose solutions
- Provide solid programming expertise to deliver large features and architecture suggestions
- Provide code review analysis that uses all relevant experience to foresee problems with design and implementation
Application process 🈸⚙️😊
① Online selection
We review resumes from all applicants within 2 weeks. If your profile matches our requirements, we will send you tests and challenges. Based on the results, we will contact you again to schedule the first interview.
We conduct three interviews to assess your character, passions, skills, and interest in what we do. We also take the time to share our vision and values, as we believe you are interviewing us as much as we are interviewing you.
We make our final decision within 2 weeks after the final interview, and send a detailed offer upon success.
Onboarding process 🈴🗼🌅
We strive to make the onboarding process as smooth and worry-free as possible.
Upon acceptance of our offer, you will receive our working agreement and our rules of employment.
Ideally, we want you to join us within a month, but we can adjust to your current work situation.
On your first day, your manager will introduce you to your team and will set a schedule for reviews over the 6 month probation period. We will give you all the support you need to complete it successfully.
At Wizcorp, we grow together.
Senior staff will support you and provide mentorship. You will also have access to digital learning material, and your manager will help you define a training curriculum based on your career aspirations.
You can learn more about our career philosophy here: https://www.wizcorp.jp/career
📍 Business hours and Location 📍
⏲ Flexibility in time
We all have different creative clocks, and you know yours better than we do.
We will expect you to work 8 hours per day from Monday to Friday with core hours between 11:00 and 16:00 (excluding a 1-hour break). The rest will be up to you.
🌎 Flexibility in location
Wizcorp fully embraces telework, and most of us work from home. Office space is also available for your convenience, and you will have access to meeting rooms and hot desks.
We may require you to work onsite in specific occasions when using highly specialized equipment.
Offices are located at 1 Chome-22-19 Izumi 8~9F, Suginami City, Tokyo 168-0063
You must reside in Japan during your employment at Wizcorp. We offer legal support for visa applications. Depending on your situation, we may allow you to work outside of Japan during your probation period.
- Remote work
- Flexible hours
- No overtime
- More vacations
- Sick leave
💴 Salary 💴
The following tiers are currently in application for this position:
GE1: 400~450K/month (equivalent to 2-3 years of experience)
GE2: 450~550K/month (equivalent to 4-5 years of experience)
GE3: 550~600K/month (equivalent to 6-7 years of experience)
All new staff members’ initial salary will be based on experience and interview evaluation.
Includes a 6 months probation period. Salary is not affected nor changed during that period.
💹 Raises and bonuses 💹
- You will be reviewed once a year and your salary will be adjusted to match with gained experience and project contributions.
- Pay raises are awarded around March each year, in line with our budget and financial forecasting for the subsequent year.
- We do not offer bonuses.
🈷️ Additional benefits 🈷️
- Monthly allowance for home office equipment and supplies (15,000 JPY/month)
- Private language tutoring (Japanese and/or English)
- Commute fees (however, train passes are not reimbursed)
🤝 Welfare 🤝
- Social insurance
- Parental leave
♨️ Holidays and vacations ♨️
- Weekends and national holidays
- Summer/winter vacation: 5 days per year (paid, applicable after the probation period)
- Annual Paid Leave: 10 days per year (first year, following the probation period)
- Bereavement/funeral leave
- Sick leave: 5 days per year (paid, applicable after the probation period)
2023 COPYRIGHT © HIREPLANNER.COM | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED